The story behind the picture….

Over the weekend we had the pleasure of attending our friends wedding. It was the most instagram pic explainedgorgeous setting for a wedding I’d ever seen! I got a lot of positive comments on my instagram picture, which, I was flattered, but I wanted to share with you the story behind the picture.

It was hard day. It was a challenge to push through feeling nauseas and lightheaded. My body is on a rough course of anti-parasitic medications that just make me feel so sick so I’m not contagious or anything, just got to live for a while feeling the side effects of the meds.

I think this paints the picture of a day in my life fighting Lyme disease. **Note, this is not a typical day for me, only what I have to do for special occasions and events**

Day before wedding: rest, plan to do nothing but rest as an attempt to “store up energy” for the next day.

Day of wedding: Wake up, eat breakfast, take medicine and jump into the shower.  After the shower, blow dry my hair and go back to bed for a 2 hour nap. Wake up, husband gathers everything we need to bring with us to the wedding: all my infusion supplies, extra nausea medicine, pajamas/comfortable clothing with layers incase I get hot or cold.  I straighten my hair while he continues to gather all the “just in-case” stuff. Then we together grab all my makeup so I can do it in the car during the trip down there. Change into dress and get in the car to head to wedding location.

We arrived at wedding a few minutes late that the bride waited for us to sit down before she walked out. We felt horrible that we were late but literally were busting our butts to get out of the house on time. Oh well, so we made it. The ceremony was touching, complete with letters to both the bride and groom from their parents.

After Wedding Ceremony: Then it was picture time and hors d’oeuvre. I alwaysfeel awkward for asking the caterer what is in each food option, but it’s worth it because I can’t risk eating something not on my diet or I will pay for it for DAYS after. Had there have been nothing I could eat, it would be my own fault and I would have waited to eat and take my medicine. While we were packing the necessities we both forgot to grab food for me incase there wasn’t anything I could eat! Oops! Fortunately, I knew the caterer and she was able to tell me which food was safe for me to eat! 🙂

We mingled and chatted with long time friends from high school. Whenever we see our group of friends it’s always a fun time with a lot of laughter and joking around.

Then dinner was served and I ate and took my medicine. The sun started to go down and I got instantly “to-the-bone” cold and very uncomfortable, then the nausea came on and my fatigue hit me like a ton of bricks. It’s so frustrating because I literally go from feeling great at 5:51 and beyond miserable by 5:52.

Reception: My husband was having a fun time so I didn’t want to tell him we needed to leave. Instead we talked about alternates that didn’t require us leaving right then. Once we had a plan, he went with me to get settled in the truck for a nap.  My hope was to be able to sleep and wake up in an hour or so and continue partying with our friends and celebrating their marriage. Well the party was over before I woke up. I was bummed. I didn’t even get to say bye to anyone!

I am grateful to be loved by an amazing man whose love abounds for me.

1 Thessalonians 3:12 – and may the Lord cause you to increase and abound in love for one another, and for all people, just as we also do for you;” (NASB Translation)

One thought on “The story behind the picture….

  1. It was so wonderful seeing you and even though you didn’t feel well you didn’t show it! You constantly amaze me

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *